Savings account na abot-kaya?
Makaka Save-Ipon ka na,
Makaka Save-Tipid ka pa!
₱ 200 lang may bank account ka na.
- Low initial deposit, ₱50 lang
- Comes with a Debit Card for only ₱150
- No required maintaining balance
- Earns interest, posted monthly
- Deposits are insured with PDIC
MAKAKA-TIPID KA PA!
May discount sa kada load sa kahit anong network. Pwede mo rin i-load ang cellphone ng kaibigan at kamag-anak mo.Tipid sa hassle sa Pay Bills.
Hindi na kailangan pumila para mag bayad ng bills – – mapa kuryente, tubig, cable at iba pa!Tipid sa time sa Send Money.
Pwedeng magpadala kahit anong oras, kahit anong araw.
How to open a PondoKo Savings Account
Step 1 : I-download ang BanKo Mobile App
Step 2 : Mag-register para maka-open ng account. Maghanda ng isang valid ID
Step 3 : Pumunta sa pinakamalapit na BanKo Branch or BanKo Cash Agent
Requirements to open:
- Isang ID lang
- ₱200 (₱50 for initial deposit, ₱150 for cost of Debit Card)
- Touchscreen phone and Mobile Number from any network
Download the BanKo Mobile App to open an account now.
Para sa Android : Google Play
Para sa iPhone : App Store
For the complete list of BanKo Branches, click this link.
Interested to open a PondoKo Savings Account?
Please leave your contact details and a BanKo representative will contact you soonest.
Click the link below:
Q : How do I open a PondoKo Savings Account?
A : To open a PondoKo Savings, have one valid ID with you and follow the steps below:
Step 1. Download the BanKo Mobile App in Google Play or iOS App Store.
Step 2. Click “Not yet registered? Register now” and choose the “I am a new customer” button.
Step 3. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions, then fill out the registration form in the succeeding pages.
Step 4. Upload a picture of your valid ID and take a selfie of yourself.
Step 5. Nominate your Username and Password that you will remember. You will need your Username and Password to access your PondoKo account using the BanKo Mobile App. Make sure that you don’t share your Username and Password to anyone.
Step 6. Check and submit your application for approval. To complete the registration, nominate a 6-digit MPIN. You will need this to authorize your financial transactions. Make sure that you don’t share your MPIN with anyone.
Step 7. You will receive a text message containing your KYC Reference Number. Proceed to the nearest BanKo Branch or any authorized BanKo Cash Agents and present your KYC Reference Number and ID to complete your PondoKo account application. Please do not forget to make your initial deposit.
Q : What are the requirements to open a PondoKo Savings?
A : The requirements to open a PondoKo Savings are simple:
Isang ID lang
₱200 (₱50 for initial deposit, ₱150 for cost of Debit Card)
Touchscreen phone and Mobile Number from any network
Q : What are the acceptable valid IDs in opening a PondoKo Account?
A: Following are the list of acceptable valid IDs:
Please present at least one of the following IDs to open a PondoKo Savings Account:
- Barangay Certification
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Driver’s license
- NBI clearance
- GSIS e-Card
- SSS Card
- Philhealth Card
- PRC ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID) Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP), Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Student’s ID
A : Yes! You can register your PondoKo Savings Account using a Globe, Smart, Sun or Talk ‘n’ Text mobile number
Q: What does ‘KYC’ mean, and why do I have to go to a BanKo Cash Agent or BanKo Branch to undergo KYC?A: KYC means “Know-Your-Customer”. This is the due diligence that BanKo must perform to verify the true identity of the customers, including their beneficial owners, and to check relevant information pertinent to doing financial business with them.
DEPOSIT BALANCE REQUIREMENTS AND RATES
Type of Deposit Account
Required Initial Deposit
Required Maintaining Balance
Required Daily Balance2 to Earn Interest
Interest Rate3 per Annum
PondoKo Basic Deposit Account (BDA)
PondoKo Regular Savings Account
PondoKo SEME Account
Amount of Fee / Charge
Monthly Service Charge
PondoKo Basic Deposit Account (BDA)*
PondoKo Regular Savings Account
PondoKo SEME Account
Monthly Dormancy Charge
Cost of Debit Card
Local ATM Transactions
In accordance to ABFC**
In accordance to ABFC**
* Effective April 1, 2021
1. ADB refers to Average Daily Balance, which is defined as the sum of the daily end-of-day balances in the account for a month divided by the number of days in that month.
The formula for computing ADB is as follows:
ADB = (Day 1 ending balance + Day 2 ending balance… + Day 30/31 ending balance)
Number of days in the month (ie 30/31 days)
2. Daily Balance is equivalent to end-of-day balance.
3. Interest earned shall be credited monthly to your savings account(s) provided that the account has not been closed prior to schedule of interest crediting.
4. Monthly service charge will be imposed to BDA should there be no financial activity for the immediately preceding twelve (12) months and whose balance is below ₱500 ADB.
5. Monthly service charge will be imposed if the deposit account balance has fallen below the required minimum monthly ADB for at least two (2) consecutive months.
**Acquirer-Based Fee Charging (ABFC) will be implemented on April 7, 2021
1. Ano ang Acquirer-Based ATM Fee Charging (ABFC)?
Ang Acquirer-Based Fee Charging (ABFC) ay ang halagang ibabawas sa debit cardholders sa tuwing gumagamit ng ATM. para mag withdraw or mag balance inquiry. Ang mga fees na ito ay sisingilin ng bangko na may ari ng Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
2. Bakit nagkaroon ng pagbabago sa ATM Fees?
Ito ay alinsunod sa announcement na inilabas ng Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, BSP Memorandum No. M-2019-020.
3. Kailan magsisimula ang implementasyon ng ABFC?
Ang ABFC ay magsisimula sa April 7, 2021.
4. Paano ko malalaman ang ATM withdrawal at balance inquiry fees?
Ang halaga ng ATM withdrawal at balance inquiry fees ay maaaring magkaka-iba depende sa may-ari ng Automated Teller Machine (ATM). Para malaman ang halaga ng fees, maaaring bisitahin ang website ng may-ari ng Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
Via BanKo Cash Agents
Libreng Deposit hanggang Php 5,000 kada buwan!
|Deposit with BanKo Mobile|
|Within Php 5k per month||Free|
|In excess of Php 5k||Php 10 per Php 1K|
|Deposit without BanKo Mobile|
|To any BanKo Account||Php 10 per Php 1K|
|To any BPI or BFSB Account||Php 3 per Php 100|
|To other local banks||Php 3 per Php 100|
|Cash Out/ Withdrawal||Php 2 per Php 100|
|Pay Bills||Php 8|
Via BanKo Branches & BLUs
|Deposit with BanKo Mobile||Php 20 per Php 1K|
|Deposit without BanKo Mobile|
|To any BanKo Account||Php20 per Php1k|
|To any BPI or BFSB Account||not available|
|To other local banks||not available|
|Cash Out/ Withdrawal||Php 20 per Php 1K|
Via BanKo Mobile
|Particulars||Fee via Mobile App||Fee via USSD *118*1#|
|Transfer / Send Money|
|To any BanKo Account||Php 5||Php 5|
|To any BPI or BFSB Account||Php 5||Php 5|
|To other local banks||Php 2 per Php 100||not available|
|Pay Bills||Php 5||Php 5|
|Buy Load||Get 2% Rebate||Get 2% Rebate|
BANKO DEBIT CARD TERMS and CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions shall be known as the “Agreement” and shall govern the use and issuance of the Debit Card.
This Agreement applies to BanKo Debit Card, which is hereafter referred to as the “Debit Card”. A Debit Card is a payment and withdrawal card that allows a depositor of BPI Direct BanKo to access his or her deposit funds through Point -of-Sale (POS) terminals, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), and eCommerce websites, when applicable. Transactions made using a Debit Card require a card verification process in the form of either an MPIN (Mobile Personal Identification Number) or signature.
The term “BanKo” shall refer to BPI Direct BanKo, which is a banking institution where you maintain one or more deposit account(s) with.
The terms “you” and/or “your” shall refer to the depositor or accountholder who maintains one or more deposit account(s) with BanKo and is issued a Debit Card pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
The terms “Account” or “Accounts” shall refer to your one or more deposit account(s) maintained with BanKo.
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions – Your activation or use of your Debit Card constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of BanKo governing PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FACILITIES, AND CHANNELS. You, hereby, acknowledge that you fully understand the corresponding risks attendant to the availment of these products, facilities, services, and channels.
- Ownership of Debit Cards – Debit Cards shall remain the property of BanKo at all times. Each Debit Card issued shall be for your exclusive use and is not transferrable. You agree that BanKo may, at its sole discretion, suspend, block, terminate or cancel the Debit Card at any time for any reason, with or without need of prior notice to you.
Upon BanKo’s request, you agree to surrender the Debit Card to BanKo immediately. You agree that BanKo shall not be liable for the suspension, blocking, termination or cancellation of the Debit Card.
- Card Activation – You agree to activate your Debit Card by nominating your Mobile Personal Identification Number (MPIN) upon activation of your Debit Card. Full access to your Account using the Debit Card may only be made once you have successfully linked your debit card to your PondoKo Account.
3.1 In case your Debit Card is damaged or has been renewed and you are issued a new Debit Card, you acknowledge that you will not be able to use your new card unless it is otherwise activated via *118*1# using your mobile phone or through the BanKo mobile app.
- Mobile Personal Identification Number (MPIN) – You acknowledge that your personalized MPIN is known only by you, not by anyone else, nor by BanKo. You are required to keep your MPIN confidential at all times. For your own protection, you agree never to disclose your MPIN to anyone. You shall be responsible for all transactions processed through the use of your Debit Card and your MPIN whether or not the transactions were made with your knowledge or your authority. You agree to hold BanKo free and harmless from any and all losses, damages or liabilities incurred or suffered in connection with your disclosure of your MPIN.
- Card Acceptance – The Debit Card is accepted at any ATMs of other financial institutions, POS terminals, and online payment gateways, which are members of BancNet or such other networks that may be designated by BanKo from time to time.
You understand and agree that BanKo has any control over the participants of the ATM or other networks through which you may access your Account(s), or the ATM themselves, or the procedures or controls such ATM or other network participants adopt in regard to data information processing. Hence, BanKo shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature incurred by you (i) in instances where you are unable to use your Debit Card or avail of any service due to disruption or failure of the ATM or other network or communication facilities linking the same, or (ii) arising out of any failure, delay or rejection regarding the use of your Debit Card or the availment of any service, or (iii) caused by or due to unauthorized or fraudulent access or utilization of your Debit Card or any service.
- Debiting of Your Account – You authorize BanKo to automatically debit from your Account, which you designated as the source of funds for your transaction using the Debit Card, the appropriate amount corresponding to the withdrawal or purchase/payment you make, including any applicable transaction fee in accordance with BanKo’s record of transactions.
- Transaction Limits – Upon issuance, your Debit Card will be set to standard transaction limits in count and amount for purchases and withdrawals as dictated by the default limits of the card. These transaction limits may be in count, amount, or a combination of both for a single transaction or an aggregate per set period. Purchase and/or withdrawal made using the Debit Card shall be subject to the limits that are set to your card.
- Transaction Authentication – You acknowledge and agree to comply with the following card transaction authentication procedures, as the same may be amended from time to time as BanKo may deem appropriate and necessary for the purpose:
8.1 ATM – Withdrawals/inquiries on your Account through any ATM can only be made using a valid Debit Card together with your correct MPIN.
8.2 POS – Purchases/payments made by a contact transaction by dipping or inserting the card in the POS, regardless of the amount, require a valid Debit Card together with your correct MPIN or valid signature, depending on the acquiring institution’s discretion.
- Accredited Establishments – BanKo has entered into an agreement with BancNet where the card shall be honored at all BancNet accredited establishments. Notwithstanding the preceding, however, BanKo shall not be responsible/liable to you, if, for any reason(s), your Debit Card is not honored by the accredited establishments. You should always carry an alternative payment method and not solely rely on the card to process payment of goods and/or services purchased. Dishonor of the Debit Card by the accredited establishments for any reason shall not give rise to any claim against BanKo. You agree to hold BanKo and its respective directors, officers, employees and representatives free and harmless from any and all claims for damages resulting from the failure of any accredited establishment to honor your Debit Card.
BanKo does not make any representation or warranty on any of the goods and services offered by the merchants and is not responsible if the goods or services are in any way deficient or otherwise unsatisfactory. Should you have complaints relating to any merchant, or any of the goods and services purchased from any of the merchants, the matter should be resolved with the merchant directly, provided that, nothing herein shall relieve you from any obligations to BanKo arising from or in connection with the use of the Debit Card.
- Fees – Any applicable transaction fee will be debited from the Account at the time of posting of the transaction or on the last banking day of the month, as the case may be.
10.1 ATM Transaction Fees – ATM transactions performed at BancNet ATMs in the Philippines or at other accepting ATM networks may be subject to fees which will be debited from the Account transacted with.
10.2 Table of Fees – For the complete and updated list of the applicable fees, please see the Table of Fees at www.banko.com.ph. BanKo reserves the right to change the fees from time to time.
- Card Features – BanKo reserves the right to add or discontinue features or functions for all cards at its discretion upon sixty (60) calendar days prior notice through any of the means of communication or channel provided under paragraph 18 (Communication).
- Debit Card Transaction Disputes – Any disputed Debit Card transaction shall be subject to an investigation by BanKo, which may include among others, further verification of transaction records and confirmation with you and/or the network or merchant. After appropriate investigation, BanKo is, hereby, authorized to automatically, without need of any further notice, act or deed, debit/credit the Account and the merchant’s account in accordance with the results of the said investigation.
Any Debit Card transaction dispute must be filed within sixty (60) calendar days from transaction date. The dispute shall be resolved in accordance with BancNet chargeback/dispute processes and procedures.
- Expiry and Renewal of the Card – Unless earlier terminated by BanKo, voluntarily cancelled or returned by you, the Debit Card shall be valid from the day of issuance or renewal and expires on the last day of the month indicated on the face of the card. Renewal of the card shall be at the option of BanKo.
13.1 You hereby agree that termination, blocking or closure of your Account for whatever reason will also automatically terminate your use of the Debit Card with respect to that terminated, closed or blocked Account without notice.
- Report of Lost, Stolen or Damaged Debit Cards – You agree and undertake to keep your Debit Card in a secure place at all times and to exercise due caution to prevent its loss, theft, misuse or any fraudulent or unauthorized use. You will immediately call our Customer Care hotline numbers: PLDT (02) 8654 7758; Globe 0917-8202418, 0917-8202257, 0917-8146306, 0917-8149305 Duo: (02) 75067172 Smart 0919-0764943 0919-0764942 or submit a written report to any Branch on the loss, theft or damage of any Debit Card issued to you, giving details of the place, date, time, and circumstances of the incident and the last transaction(s) made prior to the loss, theft or damage of your card.
Debit Cards that are captured for any reason in any ATM may be considered lost and must likewise be reported promptly. Captured cards may be claimed at the Branch servicing the ATM where it was captured. A proof of identification must be presented when claiming the card. Captured cards retrieved from the ATM shall be destroyed after two (2) calendar days from its retrieval.
Any loss incurred due to withdrawal/purchase/transfer of funds using any lost, stolen or damaged Debit Card prior to receipt by BanKo of such call through BanKo Customer Care hotline numbers, or prior to receipt by the Branch of such written report, shall be for your account. Prior to receipt of such report by BanKo, you expressly agree that you will be held liable for all transactions and charges made or incurred from the use of the lost or stolen Debit Card even if said transactions were made without your knowledge or authority. BanKo and its network and merchant partners shall be rendered free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, and costs arising from the fraudulent or unauthorized use of your Debit Card. You acknowledge that the Bank has no obligation to issue a replacement Debit Card to you following the loss, theft or damage of the Debit Card originally issued to you. However, in case of lost, stolen or damaged Debit Card, a fee shall be charged if you request for a card replacement.
- Update and Change of Contact Details and Other Information – You shall update, annually or whenever required by BanKo, your residence, office and/or mailing address, telephone and/or mobile numbers, electronic mail address and such other data previously indicated during Account opening. You shall, likewise, notify BanKo immediately, in writing, of any change in your contact details and information. BanKo shall hold these details as true and complete in the event that no update is given unless otherwise advised in writing. Any Debit Card-related correspondence shall be sent to your registered contact details.
- Consent to Processing of Information – You acknowledge and agree that updated information relating to you (including personal data), transactions, business and credit relationships, your deposit account(s) or deposit account information or records (including the Account(s)), provided by you or made available to or in the possession of BanKo (collectively, the “Information”) may be collected, obtained, used, stored, consolidated, processed, profiled, benchmarked, disclosed, and shared by BanKo, or by and between BanKo and any member of the BPI Group of Companies, for any or all of the following (the “Purposes”):
- To approve, manage, facilitate, administer, implement, and provide the products, services, transactions, and facilities availed of and/or selected by you when using the Debit Card;
- To comply with (i) BanKo’s operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, (ii) this Agreement, (iii) BSP’s rules and regulations, and (iv) legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial or supervisory bodies, tax authorities, or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- To comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United
States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering and terrorism activities, and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks;
- To develop and enhance the product, business and customer offerings of BanKo and/or any member of the BPI Group of Companies, which may include the conduct of product, system, statistical or business analysis, surveys, schemes, planning and research;
- To pursue marketing, sales, promotional, advertising, and business initiatives (the “Marketing Initiatives”), which may include the development, formulation, dissemination, distribution and rollout of Marketing Initiatives information, materials, documents or brochures, relating to the products, services, events, promotions, programs,
and offers of BanKo or any of the BPI Group of Companies or by third parties with which BanKo or any of the BPI Group of Companies, under a duty of confidentiality, has contracted with (the “Program Partners”), whether such Marketing Initiative is undertaken individually by BanKo or by any of the BPI Group of Companies or pursued together with any other member(s) of the BPI Group of Companies or with Program Partners under a joint venture initiative, servicing agreement, cross-selling arrangement, loyalty or promo program or any project undertaking on a collective or tie-up basis;
For purposes of this Agreement, “BPI Group of Companies” means, collectively, BPI and its Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, such as, but not limited to, BPI Family Savings Bank, Inc., BPI Direct Banko, Inc., BPI Capital Corporation, BPI Asset Management and Trust Corporation, BPI/MS Insurance Corporation, BPI Century Tokyo Lease & Finance Corporation, BPI Century Tokyo Rental Corporation, and BPI Securities Corporation. Affiliate means any corporation, partnership or other form of association which is directly or indirectly controlled by BPI. The term “controlled” shall mean (i) ownership of at least twenty percent (20%) of the total issued and outstanding capital stock in such corporation or association, or (ii) the right to elect at least twenty percent (20%) of the number of directors in the corporation or association, or (iii) the right to cause the direction of the management and policies of such corporation, partnership or other form of association, whether through the ownership of shares, directorship, management, community of interest or contract or otherwise.
- In compliance with regulatory requirements, to verify or validate your Information in any reasonable manner from any and all sources including (but not limited to) the (i) Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) to establish the authenticity of your ITR which you (may have) submitted to BanKo or to any member of the BPI Group of Companies or (ii) the courts, government agencies or arbitral tribunals on the status of any case or proceeding to which you may be a party;
- To carry out, fulfill and complete the transactions authorized by you in connection with BanKo’s performance of the services, facilities and channels contemplated under this Agreement.
Pursuant to the relevant Purpose(s), BanKo may share and disclose your Information, whether within or outside the Philippines, under a duty of confidentiality:
- to each other and to any other member of the BPI Group of Companies;
- to its directors, officers, employees, professional advisers, legal counsels, auditors, agents, representatives, service providers, and third parties providing services to BanKo on a “need to know” basis;
iii. to merchants and promotional, network, loyalty program and joint venture partners, and their respective service providers, in order to carry out, fulfill and/or complete the transactions authorized by you;
- to credit information companies, credit bureaus, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations), financial institutions, banking, and credit industry associations, credit protection provider or guarantee institutions, brokers, insurers, and underwriters, in relation to your availment of the products, services and facilities of BanKo (collectively, the “Credit Entities”);
- to any judicial, governmental, regulatory or supervisory body of the Philippines or those of other jurisdictions, including exchange of information among ta x authorities in compliance with FATCA, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- to any potential transferee or assignee of BanKo’s rights and/or obligations under the relevant contracts or agreements, or in connection with any sale, acquisition, merger or consolidation of any of the BPI Group of Companies;
vii. to representatives, agents or service providers engaged by BanKo or by any of the BPI Group of Companies to perform (whether within or outside the Philippines) data processing, collection, consolidation, storage and such other services in connection with the products, services, and facilities availed of by you (the “Outsourced Service Providers”);
viii. to representatives, agents or service providers engaged by BanKo or by any of the BPI Group of Companies or by Program Partners, in connection with the Marketing Initiatives; and,
- to such other persons or entities that BanKo or any of the BPI Group of Companies or the Credit Entities, if applicable, or the Outsourced Service Providers may engage or contract with to facilitate or carry out any or all of the foregoing Purposes.
The foregoing constitutes your express consent under the applicable bank secrecy, confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions and you agree to hold BanKo, each member of the BPI Group of Companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, authorized representatives, agents, and service providers free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs, and expenses resulting from or in connection with the implementation of the Purposes and authorities conferred under this Agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that applicable confidentiality, bank secrecy or other laws impose nondisclosure requirements on certain relevant information but permits a party to waive such requirements by written consent, the express consent provided herein shall constitute your consent and waiver for purposes of such applicable laws. Any agreement between you and BanKo or any member of the BPI Group of Companies to maintain confidentiality of information shall continue to be observed to the extent that such agreement is not otherwise inconsistent with the consent to disclosure of your Information authorized under this Agreement.
- Offer to Participate in Promos – You hereby authorize BanKo, and its respective Program Partners to offer you participation to promotional offers, advertisements, surveys, Marketing Initiatives or such other similar programs by communicating to you through any of the means of communication or channel provided under paragraph 18 (Communication). Should you no longer want to participate in any product, business or customer offerings, advertisements or surveys, or in any Marketing Initiative, as provided under this Agreement, you must call BanKo Customer Care to clearly state the said intention.
- Communication –BanKo may send any communication/correspondence through any or all of the following means: by Short Messaging Service (SMS), by electronic mail, by mail or courier, by facsimile transmission, by eCommerce or telemarketing platforms, or by such other means of communication and/or channels (electronic or otherwise) which BanKo, at its option, considers appropriate and effective. Any communication/correspondence sent by BanKo to you shall be deemed to have been received by you.
- Data Privacy Statement – In the course of providing the services contemplated under this Agreement, BanKo and members of the BPI Group of Companies may collect information (including personal information) relating to you, your transactions, credit and business relationships, your accounts (including the Account(s)), your account information or records. BanKo’s Data Privacy Statement, published at www.banko.com.ph, explains how BanKo collects, protects, uses, stores, consolidates, profiles, shares, and discloses your information (including personal information) and is deemed incorporated by reference in this Agreement.
Your continued access into BanKo’s network of websites and channels or use of the Debit Card will constitute your acceptance of the Data Privacy Statement as the same may be revised or updated from time to time.
- Phishing – You acknowledge that your Account(s) may be compromised through phishing that will enable unauthorized person(s) to withdraw money from your Account using your unique card number and personalized MPIN, which you may have provided through any of the following means: (a) response to an e-mail request for your Account information via a spoof website of BanKo; (b) use of e-mail or internet facility (other than the secured website of BanKo or BPI) through which you provided your Account information; or (c) any other similar or analogous means.
You agree to cooperate, through all reasonable means, with BanKo’s efforts to prevent phishing, and accordingly, you shall exert all means to prevent the disclosure of your card information, Account and personal information and MPIN to any unauthorized person. You agree that you are responsible for any withdrawals that may result from phishing. You agree to indemnify and hold free and harmless BanKo, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, against any and all losses, damages, penalties, liabilities and costs of any kind arising from or in connection with your disclosure of any of the aforesaid information which you may have provided to any unauthorized person.
- Indemnity Clause – You agree to hold BanKo free and harmless and indemnified from any and all losses, damages or liabilities you shall suffer as a consequence or result of (i) your failure to uphold any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, (ii) disclosure of MPIN to any other party, and/or (iii) entrusting your Debit Card to any third party.
- Limitation of Liability – You likewise agree to hold BanKo, and its respective directors, officers, employees, authorized representatives, agents, service providers, and assigns, free and harmless from and against any and all liabilities, causes of action or suits of whatever kind and nature, claims, disputes, losses, damages, costs, fees, and expenses that may arise as a result of or in connection with the use of the Debit Card including all withdrawals, purchases, and/or transactions made or incur red using the Debit Card.
In the event of any action which you may file against BanKo for any cause whatsoever, to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, BanKo’s entire liability to you for loss or damage (if any) in connection with the use of the Debit Card shall be limited to the amount of twenty thousand Philippine Pesos (PHP 20,000) or the actual and direct damage or loss incurred by you, whichever is the lesser. In no event shall BanKo be liable for any special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or indirect damage suffered by you from the use of the Debit Card, including but not limited to lost opportunities or profits, even if BanKo has been advised of the possibility thereof. This provision shall survive the termination or suspension of the right to use the Debit Card.
- Disclaimer of Warranties – All warranties, whether express or implied by law or statute, are excluded from this
Agreement, including, but not limited to, the warranty that the use of the Debit Card (i) will meet your requirements, (ii) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error, and (iii) will be accepted or honored at all ATMs and all merchant establishments as mentioned in paragraphs 5 (Card Acceptance) and 9 (Accredited Establishments), respectively.
- Compliance with Existing Laws – You hereby warrant that your use of the Debit Card does not and will not violate any anti-money laundering law as well as other applicable laws, rules, or regulations. By activating or using the Debit Card, you agree to render BanKo, any member of the BPI Group of Companies, the Program Partners, and their respective directors, officers, employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers, free and harmless and indemnified, from any liabilities, damages, suits, or causes of action whatsoever which may arise from any violation of the said laws, rules, or regulations. Moreover, BanKo, upon reasonable suspicion of fraud, irregularity, or anomaly involving the Debit Card, may automatically block the use thereof, with or without notice, and initiate immediate investigation.
You further represent and warrant that should you provide BanKo or any member of the BPI Group of Companies any personal information relating to an individual, you have secured the necessary authorizations and consent of such individual in compliance with applicable data privacy and confidentiality laws.
- Governing Law and Venue – This Agreement shal l be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the proper courts of San Juan City, Philippines.
- Separability Clause – The enforceability and validity of this Agreement, in whole or in part, shall not be affected by the unenforceability or invalidity, whether temporary or permanent, of any particular provision hereof because of restrictive laws, regulations, or judicial or administrative determinations obtained during any period hereof or for any other causes.
- Non-Waiver of Rights – No failure or delay on the part of BanKo in exercising any right or power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any partial or single exercise of any such rights or powers preclude any further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other rights or powers hereunder. No waiver by BanKo of any of its rights or powers herein shall be deemed to have been made unless expressed in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative(s). All remedies afforded to BanKo under this Agreement, by law or otherwise, shall be cumulative and not alternative.
- Assignment of Rights – All rights and interests of BanKo under this Agreement may be assigned or transferred by BanKo, as the case may be, without your consent.
- Amendments –BanKo may, at any time and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise or modify this Agreement, and any such amendment, revision or modification shall bind you upon notice (personal, by publication or otherwise) or on the date of effectivity as specified in the notice, whichever is earlier. If you object or are not amenable to any such amendments, revisions or modifications, you agree to terminate the use of your Debit Card by sending a written notice thereof to BanKo and perforating your card within thirty (30) calendar days from notice of such amendment, revision or modification. Failure to notify BanKo within the prescribed period shall be construed as your acceptance of any such amendments, revisions or modifications to this Agreement.
- Customer Service – The Bank is supervised by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). For any issues, concerns or clarifications, you may call Customer Care hotline numbers: PLDT (02) 8654 7758; Globe 0917-8202418, 0917-8202257, 0917-8146306, 0917-8149305 Duo: (02) 75067172 Smart 0919-0764943 0919-0764942, e-mail email@example.com or visit any Branch. The Bank will investigate such issues, concerns, and clarifications raised, and will provide the necessary feedback to you. If you are not fully satisfied with the resolution of the issue, you may also refer it to the Financial Consumer Affairs Group of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas at (02) 8708-7087 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the Terms and Conditions of BPI Direct BanKo, Inc. Products, Services, Facilities and Channels, please click here.